No Drain 10-Minute Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Forget the starchy mess of boiling potatoes or burning hands draining the liquid. Make deliciously easy mashed potatoes in minutes with the Instant Pot.
(peeled and diced into 1-1/2" cubes - organic)
1 1/2 cup
Butter, grass fed, unsalted
(or olive oil)
Partly skimmed milk, 2% M.F.
((or dairy free; like almond milk)
- Peel your potatoes, dicing them into 1" to 1-1/2" chunks. (I prefer to use golden potatoes because of their creamy texture.)
- Don't use more than 8 cups of potatoes.
- Add 1-1/2 cups of water, which allows the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of salt (to taste).
- Check the sealing ring, attach the lid, and close the pressure valve.
- Select MANUAL for 10 minutes.
- Once the program is complete, quick release the pressure. You'll notice that all the water has absorbed into the potatoes. Any remaining liquid can easily be mashed in -- no draining required!
- Add butter and milk (or what we use: Soy-Free Smart Balance and water/almond milk) to get it to the desired creaminess.
- Use a potato masher to blend together.
- Don't forget to turn off KEEP WARM so that your potatoes don't dry out!
Calories from fat
Calories from saturated fat