|5 min||10 min||4|
|2 sheet||Seaweed, nori|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 package (1lb)||Tofu, regular, extra firm|
|2 tsp||Soy sauce, tamari|
|3 tsp||Nutritional yeast|
|2 tsp minced||Ginger root|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (to taste)|
1. Using scissors, cut the nori sheets into very thin one-inch strips.
2. Heat oil in a skillet.
3. Break the tofu into several pieces. Squeeze the water from each piece, feel free to do this over the sink or onto a paper towel, then crumble the tofu and add to the pan.
4. Simmer for a few minutes until the tofu is heated.
5. Stir in the nori, ginger, nutritional yeast and tamari. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until fully heated through.
6. Season to taste with sea salt.
is an excellent source of iron and calcium, and is an important source of protein for vegetarians and vegans