|3 min||5 min||2|
|1 cup||Rolled oats, dry|
|1 tsp||Pumpkin pie spice (or any combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, or cloves)|
|1 cup||Applesauce, unsweetened (organic (apples are on the Dirty Dozen list))|
|1 cup||Water, filtered (or almond milk - coconut milk)|
|2 tbsp||Walnuts (for topping)|
|2 tbsp||Sunflower seeds (for topping)|
|2 tbsp||Plain yogurt, 2-4% M.F. (for topping (unsweetened with live probiotics))|
1. In medium pot combine 1 cup rolled oats with 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Stir in 1 cup unsweetened organic applesauce. Cover with 1 cup water and refrigerate overnight.
2. The next morning, heat gently, while stirring.
3. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon nuts, 1 tablespoon seeds, and 1 tablespoon unsweetened yogurt.
4. For more sweetness, stir in a teaspoonful of raw honey or pure maple syrup, or a spoonful of raisins.
5. Serve with 1/2 cup fresh fruit of your choice!
contain soluble fiber which may help to slow down the absorption of glucose in the bloodstream thereby reducing sugar spikes!