|5 min||30 min||8|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|454 gm||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless (diced into 1 inch pieces)|
|1 can (15oz)||Chicken broth (stock), low sodium|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (diced)|
|1 dash||Kosher salt|
|2 cup shredded||Mozzarella cheese|
|4 tbsp||Olive Oil, Extra Virgin (divided)|
|1 cup||Panko bread crumbs|
|1/2 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1/4 cup||Parsley, fresh (chopped, for garnish)|
|2 1/2 cup||Rotini, dry (or penne)|
|1 cup||Tomato sauce, canned|
|2 can (19oz)||Whole tomato, canned|
|1/2 medium||Yellow onion (diced)|
1. In a 3 qt saute pan, sauté onions and olive oil until onions start to soften.
2. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and pepper to taste.
3. Turn pan heat to medium high and brown chicken pieces.
4. Turn heat down and add garlic to pan. Continue cooking 1-2 minutes more.
5. Use kitchen shears to break up canned tomatoes in the can.
6. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth and pasta to pan. Bring mixture to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low.
7. Cook covered for around 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
8. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Stir in mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
9. In a small bowl, combine panko bread crumbs with 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
10. Sprinkle bread crumbs over pasta and heat under broiler until bread crumbs are crispy and golden, 1-2 minutes.
11. Garnish with fresh flat leaf parsley.