|15 min||15 min||8|
|454 gm||Chicken, ground, lean|
|2 tbsp||Taco seasoning mix, McCormick|
|2 cup||White rice, long-grain, instant, dry|
|1 cup, shredded||Cheddar cheese|
|1/2 cup||Cilantro (coriander) (chopped, to garnish)|
|1 cup||Frozen white corn kernels|
|1 cup shredded or chopped||Iceberg lettuce|
|1 pepper(s)||Red chili pepper (also chile or chilli) (seeded and chopped, optional)|
|1 1/2 cup||Tomatoes, canned, stewed (diced tomatoes)|
1. Heat a large skillet on medium-high.
2. Add ground chicken (or turkey) to a large skillet (no oil) and brown until done. Drain off any excess fat.
3. Add taco seasoning and water. Stir and bring to a boil.
4. Stir in instant rice. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
5. Sprinkle the cheese on top, cover and let it sit for another five minutes.
6. Top with lettuce, corn, tomatoes, and cheese. Garnish with cilantro.