|10 min||45 min||55 min||4|
|2 squash||Acorn squash (halved, seeded)|
|1 cup||Orange juice|
|1/4 cup||Turbinado sugar|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a roasting pan with tinfoil and mist with cooking spray. Arrange the squash halves, skin side down, in the roasting pan. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, bring the orange juice to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce flame to medium-low and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Simmer until reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
3. Spoon the orange juice mixture into each squash half and baste any exposed flesh (not the skin).
4. Bake for one hour, basting every 15 minutes, until the squash is soft and golden.
5. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve hot.
is a power-packed veggie - it is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and fiber!