|10 min||25 min||35 min||2|
|2 tbsp||Basil, fresh (chopped)|
|1/2 cup||Cherry Tomatoes (sliced)|
|1/4 cup||Kalamata olives (chopped)|
|1/2 cup||Marinara pasta sauce (or pizza sauce)|
|1/4 medium||Red onion (sliced)|
|1/4 cup||Nutritional yeast (optional)|
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside seeds. To help them lay flat on the pan, you can also cut a piece off the bottom of the “boat” to create a flat surface.
3. Mix tomato sauce and nutritional yeast (if using).
4. Spread a light layer of sauce (about 1 tablespoon) inside each zucchini.
5. Top with onions, olives, and tomatoes.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until zucchini is tender (but not mushy).
7. Top with basil and serve.
may help to improve digestion and lower blood sugar levels, it is a good source of vitamin C, B6 and potassium