|10 min||30 min||2|
|1 large||Rutabaga, Swedish turnip, raw|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 tsp||Lemon juice|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
1. Preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Peel the rutabaga, and slice evenly into strips, about 1/2 inch thick.
3. In a large mixing bowl, toss the rutabaga strips with enough olive oil to coat them. Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper and mix thoroughly.
4. Spread evenly on baking sheet making sure not to overcrowd. Bake for 30 minutes, turning them about every ten minutes. The fries are done when the outsides are lightly browned and the insides are soft.
5. Serve the fries warm with the dipping sauce of your choice.
A root vegetable that's also part of the cruciferous family. It's high in fiber, potassium, calcium, magnesium as well as vitamins C, E and folate. Helps to support a healthy digestive system to keep you regular.