|5 min||50 min||6|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (or pinto, drained, rinsed)|
|1/2 cup||Soy milk, unsweetened|
|1 cup||Parmesan cheese, vegan (or other kind of vegan cheese)|
|1/2 tbsp||Tabasco sauce|
|2 can (10 oz)||Tomatoes and green chiles, canned (choice of flavour)|
|8 small tortilla(s)||Tortilla, corn|
1. Preheat oven to 350oF.
2. Spray one side of a sheet of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray, and cover baking pan tightly with foil.
3. In a large bowl, stir together black beans, canned tomatoes and chiles, and salt.
4. Spread a heaping 1/4 cup of bean mixture on the bottom of a greased 9x9-inch baking dish.
5. Place 4 tortillas over the bean mixture, overlapping tortillas slightly.
6. Layer half of bean mixture and then 1/2 cup of shredded cheese over tortillas.
7. Add another layer with remaining 4 tortillas. Top with remaining bean mixture.
8. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and Tabasco sauce. Pour egg mixture over everything.
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
10. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and return to oven, baking uncovered, for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
11. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
are a great source of protein and are high in fibre!