|3 h||50 min||3 h 50 min||6|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (or pinto, drained, rinsed)|
|1 cup shredded||Colby cheese|
|5 large egg||Egg|
|1/2 cup||Milk, fat-free (skimmed)|
|1 cup||Pepper jack cheese (shredded)|
|1/2 tbsp||Tabasco sauce|
|2 can (10 oz)||Tomatoes and green chiles, canned (choice of flavour)|
|8 small tortilla(s)||Tortilla, corn|
|2 slice||Turkey bacon, cooked (cook on medium-high heat to desired crispiness, then crumble)|
1. In a large bowl, stir together black beans, canned tomatoes and chiles, and salt.
2. Spread a heaping 1/4 cup of bean mixture on the bottom of a greased 9x9-inch baking dish.
3. Place 4 tortillas over the bean mixture, overlapping tortillas slightly.
4. Layer half of bean mixture and then 1 cup of shredded cheese over tortillas.
5. Add another layer with remaining 4 tortillas. Top with remaining bean mixture.
6. Sprinkle crumbled bacon over bean mixture.
7. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and Tabasco sauce. Pour egg mixture over everything.
8. Cover, and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
9. Preheat oven to 350 F.
10. Spray one side of a sheet of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray, and cover baking pan tightly with foil.
11. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
12. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
13. Return to oven, and bake, uncovered, for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
14. Let stand 5-10 minutes, uncovered, before serving.
are a great source of protein and are high in fibre!