You're going to love this shredded chicken with homemade BBQ sauce.
1 medium/large bird
1 1/2 cup
Apple cider vinegar
Tomato sauce, canned
(or crushed tomatoes)
Tomato paste, canned
(or hot sauce)
1. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry.
2. Place the chicken in the slow cooker and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours.
3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt the ghee over medium heat. Add the minced onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients: garlic, apple cider vinegar, tomato sauce, tomato paste, honey and remaining salt and black pepper, and Tabasco. Stir well and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer over low heat.
5. Simmer the sauce until the volume has reduced by a quarter to a third. It should be slightly thickened but not pasty.
6. When the chicken has cooled a bit shred all the meat and unite it with the tangy, savoury sauce. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days, or store in your freezer and heat again with the crock pot.