|15 min||50 min||8|
|250 gm||Almond flour/meal, Bob's Red Mill|
|250 gm||Carrots (coarsely grated)|
|1/2 cup||Coconut oil (melted)|
|200 gm||Dates (pitted)|
|3 medium egg||Egg|
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (350F). Grease and line a 20cm (8in) cake pan.
2. Place dates in a heat proof bowl. Cover with 150g (5oz) boiling water and allow to stand for a few minutes.
3. Transfer dates and the soaking water to your food processor and blend until you have a smooth paste. Stir in the oil, eggs, almond meal and carrots. Mix with a spoon until just combined.
4. Scoop the cake mixture into your pan and bake on the middle shelf for 45-50 minutes or until the cake feels springy when touched and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
5. Cool in the tin. Or enjoy warm.