|10 min||45 min||6|
|454 gm||Beef, ground (grass-fed)|
|1 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|6 clove(s)||Garlic (sliced)|
|2 cup cubes||Pumpkin|
|3 cup cubes||Acorn squash|
|2 1/2 cup||Bone broth, Organic|
|1/2 can (15oz)||Pumpkin purée, canned|
|2 beet(s)||Beets, boiled, drained (about 1 can, pureed)|
|1 1/2 tsp||Rosemary, dried|
|2 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|2 tsp||Oregano, ground|
|1/2 tsp||Ground cloves|
|1 leaf||Bay leaf|
|0 gm||Cilantro (coriander) (chopped)|
1. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When it's hot, add the garlic and sauté until it has just started to brown.
2. Turn the heat down to medium and add the ground beef. Cook the ground beef until no pink remains.
3. Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the pumpkin cubes, acorn squash, broth, pumpkin puree, beet puree, rosemary salt, apple cider vinegar, oregano, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaf to the Dutch oven. Stir until evenly combined.
4. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Add the chopped cilantro, stir, cover, and cook for another 15 minutes, or until the pumpkin cubes are tender.
5. Serve and top with shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro, or your other favourite chili toppings!
Submitted by Georgia Markouris
is a great source of protein and high in B12!
If you are not a fan of beef -- replace with minced turkey or chicken!