|10 min||35 min||6|
|2 can, drained||Salmon, sockeye (red), canned, drained|
|1/4 cup||Sweet potato purée, canned (or butternut squash puree)|
|2 medium egg||Egg|
|2 tbsp||Coconut flour|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|2 tbsp||Butter, grass fed, unsalted|
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients with a fork. Form into 6-7 patties on the baking sheet.
3. Bake patties until firm, about 30 minutes.
4. If making these ahead, let the baked salmon cakes cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a few days. The salmon cakes can be browned immediately after baking or after being made ahead and stored in the fridge.
5. When ready to serve, heat the ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the salmon cakes in batches until browned and hot, a couple minutes per side.
is a great source of protein and Omega 3 fatty acids!