|10 min||50 min||6|
|2 medium potato||Sweet potato (Largely diced)|
|4 tbsp||Butter, grass fed, unsalted|
|1/2 cup||Coconut milk, sweetened|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (finely chopped)|
|1 large||Carrots (finely choppedc)|
|2 large stalk(s)||Celery (finely chopped)|
|454 gm||Beef, ground (grass-fed - organic)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
|1 sprig||Thyme, fresh (chopped or 1/4 tsp dried)|
|2 tsp||Oregano, fresh (chopped or 1/2 tsp dried)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large pot, place sweet potatoes in the cold water and bring to boil. Boil until fork-tender (about 10 minutes)
3. Remove from heat, drain water and add 2 Tbsp of ghee and coconut milk
4. Mash potatoes and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
5. Return the same pot to the stove on medium heat and add remaining 2 Tbsp of ghee.
6. Add the onions, celery, carrots and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
7. Add the ground meat and garlic. Cook stirring often until the meat is browned (7-10 minutes).
8. Season with salt and pepper, thyme and oregano. Remove from heat and spoon the mixture evenly into the bottom of a casserole dish or 9X12 inch glass baking dish.
9. Carefully spread the mashed sweet potatoes over the top of the meat/veg mixture.
10. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, letting the top brown slightly. Cut into slices and serve.
contain beta carotene which is converted into vitamin A in the body and is important for vision health and immunity!
is a great source of protein and B12!