|20 min||10 min||6|
|3 cup||Green/yellow string beans, raw (trimmed)|
|4 cup||Lima beans, canned (drained, rinsed)|
|3 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup||Garlic (minced)|
|1/2 cup||Parsley, fresh|
|1/2 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
|500 gm||Shrimp, raw (peeled and deveined)|
|4 tbsp||Wine Vinegar|
1. To cook green/yellow beans, bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Put beans in a steamer basket, place in the pan, cover, and steam until tender-crisp, about 4 to 6 minutes.
2. Remove lima beans from the can, and rinse thoroughly with water.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and paprika and cook, stirring constantly, until just fragrant but not browned, about 20 seconds.
4. Add shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Add lima beans, vinegar, and salt; stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup parsley.
5. Divide the green/yellow beans among 6 plates. Top with the shrimp and lima bean mixture. Sprinkle with pepper and the remaining 1/4 cup parsley.
Shrimp is a great source of protien and Omega 3 fatty acids.
Beans are a great source of fiber which helps to maintain bowel regularity.