|5 min||20 min||4|
|3 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 cup||Red onion (chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Garlic (chopped)|
|1/4 tsp||Hot pepper (chili) flakes|
|1 1/2 can (19oz)||Whole tomato, canned (squished up)|
|1/4 tsp||Granulated sugar|
|1 can drained||White tuna, canned in water, drained|
|1 can (13.5 oz)||Artichoke hearts, canned (drained, halved)|
|1 dash||Black pepper|
|454 gm||Pasta, Farfalle, dry|
|1/4 cup||Parsley, Italian, fresh (chopped)|
1. Heat oil in a pot over medium.
2. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until softened.
3. Add garlic and chili flakes and sauté 1 minute longer.
4. Add tomatoes and sugar, bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes or until flavours have come together.
5. Add tuna and artichokes and simmer gently for 5 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving a little water.
7. Toss pasta with sauce, adding reserved water as needed. Sprinkle with parsley.
is a great source of protein and Omega 3's