|15 min||0 min||18|
|1 cup||Rolled oats- Gluten Free|
|1 cup||Coconut, shredded, unsweetened|
|1/4 cup||Dark chocolate chips ((optional))|
|1/4 cup||Almond flour/meal, Bob's Red Mill|
|1 dash||Sea Salt|
|3/4 cup||Peanut butter, natural|
|1/4 cup||Maple syrup, pure ((or honey))|
|3 tbsp||Almond milk, unsweetened|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, almond meal/flour, salt and chocolate chips. Set aside.
3. In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt together the peanut butter and maple syrup (or honey) until smooth.
4. Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons of almond milk and vanilla.
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until completely combined.
6. Scoop out one tablespoon portions of the mixture and roll into balls. Place on your prepared baking sheet. Continue until all has been used. If you find that it is too dry/crumbly, add more almond milk (1/2 tbs at a time).
7. Place balls in the refrigerator or freezer to set.
8. Transfer the bites from the baking sheet to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
9. If you choose to store them in the freezer, let them sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before eating.