|10 min||20 min||2|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 small||White onion (chopped)|
|1/2 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1/4 tsp||Chili powder (a pinch)|
|1 1/2 cup||Frozen green peas|
|4 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|1/2 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice|
|1/3 cup||Cashew cream|
1. Add olive oil to a pot over medium-high heat. Stir in onion, garlic, sea salt and chili powder and cook until onions soften.
2. Add green peas and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Pour half of the broth, strained, away into a bowl. Pour the remaining soup into a blender and puree.
4. Stir in the cashew cream, lemon juice, thyme and more salt if needed. Use the reserved broth to thin as needed.
5. Pour into bowls or cups and serve with a couple fresh green peas. Drizzle with Cashew Cream, and serve warm or chilled.
6. CASHEW CREAM: 2 cups raw cashews + water
7. Soak cashews for 4 hours or overnight. Drain, rinse, add to a high-powered blender and cover with water by one inch.
8. Blend until creamy and smooth. If the cream or the soup is still chunky, strain through a mesh strainer.
are a great source of protein and fiber!