|10 min||1 h 20 min||8|
|1 medium/large bird||Whole Chicken (organic - weighing about 3 1/2 lbs)|
|1 tbsp||Avocado oil|
|1 tsp, leaves||Basil, dried|
|1 tsp, leaves||Thyme, dried|
|1 tsp||Rosemary, dried|
|1 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1 tbsp||Sea Salt|
|1/2 tsp||Black pepper|
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Rub avocado oil over the entire chicken.
3. Mix together all the herbs with the salt and pepper.
4. Rub the seasoning mixture into the chicken, then place the chicken in a roasting pan.
5. Cook the chicken in the pan, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
6. Lower the temperature and cook for another 60 minutes at 375 degrees F, until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork, and the meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees F.
7. Remove from oven and let stand for ten minutes before carving.
8. Reserve drippings and carcass for homemade chicken stock.
is a great source of lean protein which helps with muscle growth and repair!