|10 min||15 min||3|
|1 whole fish||Trout|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil (or enough to cover both sides of trout)|
|1 tsp||Celtic sea salt|
|2 tsp||Black pepper (freshly ground)|
|1 medium||Lemon (sliced)|
|1/4 cup||Basil pesto|
|1/2 cup||Cherry Tomatoes (washed, halved)|
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut a 13-inch square of parchment paper.
2. Place trout, skin side down, on each piece of parchment. Lightly oil both sides with oil. Season both sides, inside and out, with salt and pepper.
3. Coat basil pesto onto both sides of the fish and add halved cherry tomatoes around the edges of the fish on the parchment paper.
3. Lift the parchment paper on 2 opposite sides to meet in the middle above fish. Tightly fold down paper until it reaches fish, crimping to seal.
4. Place packet of fish onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, checking after 10 minutes. The flesh should pull apart easily with a fork.
5. Place packet on a plate. Carefully open the parchment — take care not to let the steam burn you. Slide the fish away from the packet and onto the plate and pour juices over it.
6. Serve with more pesto if desired.
is a great source of protein and Omega 3 Fatty Acids, which are essential in the body and must be obtained through food and supplements!