|10 min||10 min||4|
|454 gm||Chicken, ground, lean|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 medium||White onion (diced)|
|1/4 cup||Hoisin sauce, ready-to-serve|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 tbsp||Rice wine vinegar|
|1 tbsp||Sriracha (optional)|
|1 tbsp minced||Ginger root|
|1 can(s) (8oz)||Water chestnuts, canned (drained and diced)|
|2 green onion (stem)||Green onion, scallion, ramp (thinly sliced)|
|1 pinch||Kosher salt (to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
|1 head||Lettuce, butterhead (Boston)|
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
3. Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.
is a great source of lean protein and aids in muscle growth and repair
For more nutrients - sauté peppers and add them to the lettuce wrap!