|20 min||40 min||6|
|150 gm||Beef, ground, extra lean|
|1/2 cup||White onion|
|3/4 cup||Tomato-Basil pasta sauce|
|1/2 cup||Black beans, canned|
|1/2 cup||Sweet yellow corn|
|1/2 tsp||Basil, fresh|
|1/2 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
|1 cup, shredded||Cheddar cheese (or vegan cheese for dairy free)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cut zucchinis in half lengthwise and then use a spoon to scoop out the insides so that about 1/2 inch skin remains. Place the scooped out zucchini meat into a large bowl.
3. Place the zucchinis face side down onto a cutting board to drain.
4. In a large saucepan cook beef until only slightly pink inside, then add the onions and cook until no pink is visible.
5. Place beef and onions in the bowl with scooped out zucchini, and add the pasta sauce, black beans, corn, spices, salt and pepper. Mix together until well blended.
6. Turn the zucchini boats right side up and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the stuffing inside the zucchini boats, then top with the cheese.
7. Bake the zucchini for 25 minutes, then broil for 2 more minutes to melt the cheese.
Can be dairy-free if you use vegan cheese.
is high in potassium, folate and vitamin B6!