|10 min||25 min||35 min||4|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Jalapeno pepper (diced)|
|1 cup||Quinoa, uncooked|
|1 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned (drained, rinsed)|
|1 can(s) (13oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|1 cup||Frozen yellow corn kernels (thawed)|
|1 tsp||Chili powder|
|1 dash||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
|1 avocado(s)||Avocado (halved, seeded, peeled, diced)|
|1 whole lime(s)||Lime juice (fresh)|
|2 tbsp||Cilantro (coriander) (chopped)|
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeño, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
4. Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Beans are a great source of plant-based protein and are high in fibre which helps to promote digestive health!
Quinoa is a complete protein and high in fibre!