|5 min||5 min||1|
1. Ripe stone fruits can be served raw.
2. Wash and peel with a peeler. (I use the Titan peeler from Bed Bath & Beyond and it works great).
3. Pit and cut into quarters.
4. Blend until smooth,
5. Serve raw (one fruit makes one serving approx 2 oz)
1. Prep your steamer or double broiler with enough water.
2. Turn on the stove so that water can start to boil
3. Wash, peel, pit and cut into quarters.
4. Place into the steam insert and steam until tender, about 5 minutes. It may be a bit longer if making larger amounts or if the water is not yet boiling when you start the steaming process. They are done when you can easily pick them with a fork.
5. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
6. Place in 1oz ice cube trays and freeze or serve to baby once cooled.
1 piece of fruit makes roughly 2oz.
Make a big batch and freeze in 1 oz ice cubes for later use.
To defrost, place cubes in a sauce pan with a bit of olive oil, coconut oil or breastmilk and reheat on med-low.
Combines well with fruits and vegetables such as apples, pears, peaches, sweet potatoes, zucchini, beets, carrots. Feel free to use your imagination to create different combinations ;)