|10 min||25 min||9|
|681 gm||Parsnip (peeled and cubed)|
|3 1/2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|3/4 tsp||Kosher salt|
|2/3 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/4 cup||Cream, half and half, 10% M.F.|
|1/4 cup||Chicken broth (stock)|
|681 gm||Pork chop, loin centre cut, bone-in, lean|
|1/2 medium||White onion (chopped)|
|1 medium||Apple (chopped)|
|1 cup||Red grape|
|1/2 tsp||Thyme, fresh (chopped)|
|2 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Maple syrup, pure|
|341 gm||Green/yellow string beans, raw (trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces)|
1. For parsnips - In a large pot of salted water add parsnips and bring to a boil and boil until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
2. Drain and mash with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, half and half and chicken broth.
3. For pork chops - Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Season pork chops with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
5. Add 3/4 tsp oil to the pan and then add the pork chops.
6. Cook for about 2-4 minutes per side until almost cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
7. Turn heat to medium low and add the 3/4 tsp oil, onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the apples, grapes, and thyme for 3-4 minutes. Add balsamic and maple syrup to the pan for 1-2 minutes, then add chops back to the pan.
8. Cook for 1-2 minutes, turning the chops in the chutney.
9. For the green beans - Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp. olive oil.
10. Add the beans, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook until just browning, about 3 minutes.
11. Serve with pork chops and mashed parsnips.