|15 min||30 min||6|
|454 gm||Pork chop, loin centre cut, bone-in, lean (cooked & cut into pieces)|
|1/3 cup||Lime juice (fresh)|
|1 1/2 tsp||Honey (pure)|
|1/2 cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup||Cilantro (coriander)|
|1 cup||Quinoa, cooked|
|1 can (15oz)||Black beans, canned|
|2 tbsp||Sweet yellow corn (organic)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Yellow bell pepper|
|3 stalk(s)||Green onion, scallion, ramp|
|2 tbsp||Vinegar, white|
|1/2 pepper(s)||Red chili pepper (also chile or chilli) (Habanero, minced)|
1. Combine 1/4 C each: lime juice, honey and olive oil with 2 tbsp cilantro.
2. Pour over pork, and marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator
3. Grill until done over medium-low heat OR sear in a skillet and back at 425 degrees until done (approx. 25 mins.)
4. While pork is marinating, blend the rest of the honey and lime juice with the habanero, cumin, cilantro and salt and pepper, and puree in a blender until smooth.
5. Continuing blending while slowly drizzling 1/4 C olive oil into the mixture through the hole in the top of the blender. **brush 1/4 of the dressing onto the pork as its being grilled for a glaze.
FOR QUINOA/WILD RICE
6. Make quinoa or wild rice according to package directions.
7. Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil and saute bell peppers and onions, until slightly tender. Add black beans. Remove from heat, and mix with quinoa/wild rice.
8. Stir in dressing, and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!
is a great source of protein!
is a good soure of fiber which helps to promote healthy digestion!