|40 min||0 min||6|
|1/2 cabbage||Napa cabbage, raw (thinly sliced)|
|1 large||Carrots (grated)|
|1 tsp||Sea salt|
|1/2 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice|
|1/4 cup||Sesame seeds, black|
1. Prep the cabbage and carrot by julienne or thinly slicing them.
2. Toss the cabbage and carrot in a bowl and rub salt into them.
3. Place a clean paper towel over the vegetables and add another bowl on top of the towel to press the water out of the vegetables. Feel free to add additional dishes as weights. Press the vegetables for 30 minutes or longer.
4. Once salad is pressed, rinse the salt off by filling the bowl with water and drain well.
5. Add lemon juice and mix so that salad is evenly coated. Top with sesame seeds and enjoy!
If you want to improve your digestive health, fiber-rich cabbage is the way to go. This crunchy vegetable is full of gut-friendly insoluble fiber, a type of carbohydrate that can’t be broken down in the intestines.