|15 min||7 h||7 h 15 min||8|
|1 tbsp||Sea salt|
|1 tsp||Black pepper|
|1/2 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
|1 tsp||Garlic powder|
|1/2 tsp, ground||Thyme, dried|
|1/4 cup||Red wine vinegar|
|3 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (peeled, cut in half)|
|1 1/3 kg||Pork shoulder, whole, lean (cut in half)|
1. In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the first six ingredients (all of the spices) with a fork.
2. Pour in the honey, vinegar, and olive oil and stir to form a paste.
3. Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top it with the 2 pieces of pork and then pour the honey paste over all sides of the pork pieces. It’s okay if some of it (or a lot of it) just drips down to the bottom.
4. Turn the slow cooker on to low and cook for 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender enough to be easily shredded with a fork.
5. Serve warm with fixings like homemade coleslaw and cornbread. My husband also likes his dipped in a little hot sauce. Refrigerate or freeze the leftovers.
is a good source of protein!