|10 min||1 h||6|
|1/2 cup||Pumpkin seed butter|
|1/2 cup||Quinoa, cooked|
|1/4 cup||Coconut, shredded, unsweetened|
|2 tbsp||Chia seeds|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
|1/2 tsp||Stevia sweetener, powder|
|2 tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1/4 cup||Coconut flakes, unsweetened|
|1 tbsp||Cinnamon (for pumpkin spice)|
|2 tsp||Ginger, ground (for pumpkin spice)|
|1/2 tsp||Nutmeg, ground (for pumpkin spice)|
1. Brush the sides and bottom of a loaf pan with a bit of melted coconut oil, then line pan with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a small bowl, add coconut milk, alcohol free vanilla and powdered stevia, whisk to combine, set aside.
3. In the bowl of a food processor, add cooked quinoa, pumpkin seed butter, pumpkin pie spice, unsweetened shredded coconut and chia seeds, process until combined. Add coconut milk mixture, again process until combined. Lastly, add coconut oil and process until just combined.
4. Press bar dough into prepared loaf pan, sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes, pressing flakes gently into dough.
5. Place bar dough in freezer until set, about hour. Lift dough out of loaf pan with parchment paper, slice into bars.
6. Store bars in a tightly sealed container in refrigerator or freezer.
To toast coconut flakes, place them on a baking sheet at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C), for about 5 to 6 minutes or just until flakes begin to colour.
Cooking time = chill time