|25 min||30 min||20|
|3/4 cup||Quinoa, uncooked|
|1 1/2 cup||Water|
|1/4 cup||Pumpkin purée, canned|
|5 tbsp||Almond butter|
|1 1/4 tsp||Pumpkin pie spice|
|1/4 cup whole||Almonds, raw (chopped)|
|1/4 cup||Pumpkin seeds (pepitas)|
|1/4 cup||Dark chocolate chips|
1. Bring the quinoa and water to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the liquid is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
3. Allow the cooked quinoa to cool, and then put it in a large bowl.
4. Add the pumpkin, almond butter, honey, and pumpkin pie spice to the cooked quinoa and combine well.
5. Stir in the almonds, pumpkin seeds, and chocolate chips.
6. Roll the mixture into balls (about 1½ inches) and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
7. Place the baking sheet in the freezer and allow the balls to firm up for 30 minutes.
8. Store the balls in the refrigerator.