|10 min||16 min||26 min||9|
|2 medium||Banana (ripe, mashed)|
|2 tbsp||Avocado oil|
|1 medium egg||Egg|
|1/2 cup||Milk, fat-free (skimmed) (or alternative)|
|3/4 tsp||Vanilla extract, pure|
|2/3 cup||Wheat flour, whole wheat|
|1/2 cup||Quick oats, gluten free, dry|
|1 tbsp||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|1/4 cup||Cane sugar (or coconut sugar)|
|1 3/4 tsp||Baking powder|
|3 spray (about 1/3 second)||Cooking spray, vegetable oil (or as needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
2. Combine bananas, avocado oil, eggs, milk and vanilla extract in a medium bowl; mix well, and set aside.
3. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup and level with a knife. Whisk together flour, oats, flax meal, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until they are just combined.
5. Spray 9 muffin cups with cooking spray (or use paper liners), and spoon 1/3 cup batter into each cup (cups will be full).
6. Bake 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Replace milk with dairy-free alternative such as almond, cashew, soy, hemp or oat milk.
Use gluten-free flour blend instead of whole wheat flour.
Contain a soluble fiber called beta-glucan that helps to reduce bad LDL cholesterol, balance blood sugar and keep you regular.
High in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and helps to improve insulin sensitivity.