|5 min||2 min||7 min||1|
|57 gm||Chicken breast, skinless (pre-cooked* see instructions on how to cook chicken)|
|1/2 avocado(s)||Avocado (ripe)|
|1 tbsp||Lime juice (fresh)|
|2 medium tortilla(s)||Tortilla, corn|
|29 gm||Pepper jack cheese (grated)|
1. Cook chicken: you can add chicken to an instant pot and steam with a closed valve for 11 minutes, or preheat your oven to 420 degrees F and place chicken breasts in a medium baking tray. Add the baking tray to hot oven and cook for about 20 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Set chicken aside to cool.
2. Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat on your stovetop.
3. Mash the avocado in a small bowl and add a pinch of salt, cumin and splash of lime juice. Set aside.
4. Lay one of the tortillas on the warm skillet and sprinkle with cheese and 2 oz of chicken. While it cooks, smear the mashed avocado mixture onto the other tortilla.
5. Place the second tortilla, avocado side down, on top of the chicken and cheese. Press gently with a spatula then slide the spatula underneath and flip. Continue to cook until the second tortilla begins to brown and the cheese is all melted, approximately 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.
For a vegan version use a cheese alternative like Daiya.
Avocados are high in potassium, more so than bananas. Several studies show that having a high potassium intake is linked to reduced blood pressure, which is a major risk factor for heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure.