|10 min||40 min||4|
|454 gm||Beef, ground, lean|
|1 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (chopped)|
|2 bulb||Garlic (minced and set aside)|
|1 tsp||Chili powder|
|1/2 tsp||Garlic powder|
|1 tsp||Black pepper|
|2 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1 can(s) (15 oz)||Red kidney beans, canned, drained (rinsed and drained)|
|1 can (28oz)||Tomatoes, canned, stewed|
|1 cup||Frozen yellow corn kernels (organic)|
|1/4 cup||Green onion (chopped, for garnish)|
|1/2 avocado(s)||Avocado (for garnish)|
|1/4 cup shredded||Cheddar cheese, reduced fat (18%) (for garnish - optional)|
Stove Top Option:
1. Over medium-high heat, add ground beef to a large pot. Cook until browned and no longer pink. Stir often. Drain the liquid.
2. Add the onions, peppers, garlic and seasonings and cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
3. Add beans, tomatoes and corn and stir to combine.
4. When the mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat to medium-low, put the lid on and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
5. For a more intense flavour, cook for 60 minutes.
Slow Cooker Method:
1. Over medium-high heat, add ground beef to a non-stick pan.
2. Cook until browned and no longer pink. Stir often.
3. Drain the liquid. Transfer the meat to slow cooker.
4. Add vegetables, spices and tomatoes. Stir until combined.
5. Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
1. On the sautee setting, add ground meat and cook until browned and no longer pink. Stir often. Drain the liquid.
2. Add vegetables, spices and tomatoes. Stir until combined. Set the Instpot to the Chilli setting.
3. When the cycle is complete, unplug the instantpot and allow the pressure to release naturally.
Serve chilli in bowls topped with green onions, avocado, sour cream, cheddar cheese and/or fresh cilantro
Chilli freezes well and leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Omit the cheese to make this recipe dairy free!
is a great source of protein and B12!