|10 min||20 min||5|
|1 cup||Quinoa, uncooked|
|1 cup||Grape tomatoes (cut in half)|
|1 cup||Cucumber (quartered rounds)|
|1/4 cup||Kalamata olives|
|1/4 cup, crumbled||Feta cheese (or cashew cheese)|
|3 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 1/2 tbsp||Red wine vinegar|
|3/4 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper|
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook until all of the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
2. Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large baking sheet and spread it out evenly. Let it cool to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, prep your vegetables according to ingredient instructions and then in a medium-large sized mixing bowl add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives and feta cheese. Add the quinoa into the mixing bowl and toss everything together to mix.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and toss everything again to combine. Serve immediately, or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You can add any vegetables of your choice to the mix. Optional, add chicken, shrimp, steak, or tofu for added protein.
Use cashew cheese in place of feta for a dairy-free or vegan alternative.
Quinoa is a wonderful wheat & gluten-free alternative that is high in fiber, protein and plenty of vitamins and minerals.