|20 min||1 h 40 min||4|
|454 gm||Baby portobello mushroom (sliced, for mushrooms)|
|1 leaf||Bay leaf (for stock)|
|454 gm||Button mushrooms (sliced with stems, for stock)|
|1 small||Carrots (peeled, diced, for stock)|
|454 gm||Cremini (Italian) mushroom (sliced, or choice of mushrooms, for mushrooms)|
|2 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for quinoa)|
|2 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for mushrooms)|
|1/2 cup||Frozen green peas (for quinoa)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced, for mushrooms)|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (minced, for stock)|
|1 1/4 cup||Hearts of palm, canned (rinsed, for mushrooms)|
|1/3 cup||Milk, fat-free (skimmed) (for mushrooms)|
|1/2 cup||Milk, fat-free (skimmed) (for quinoa)|
|57 gm||Parmigiano-Reggiano (finely grated, for quinoa)|
|4 sprig||Parsley, Italian, fresh (for stock)|
|1/4 cup||Parsley, Italian, fresh (chopped, for quinoa)|
|1 tsp||Peppercorn (for stock)|
|15 gm||Porcini mushroom, dried (for mushrooms)|
|1 cup||Quinoa, uncooked (rinsed, for quinoa)|
|1/4 cup||Ricotta cheese (skimmed milk) (for quinoa)|
|1 dash||Salt and pepper (for mushrooms)|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper (for quinoa)|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper (for mushrooms)|
|4 sprig||Thyme, fresh (stems removed, for mushrooms)|
|6 cup||Water (for stock)|
|1/2 cup||White wine, dry (for quinoa)|
|1/2 medium||Yellow onion (diced, for stock)|
1. To prepare the mushroom stock:
2. Add the mushrooms, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, and peppercorns and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the water and bring up to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for an hour.
4. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer (discard the vegetable and herbs) and season with salt to taste. This can be made 3 days in advance or frozen 1-2 months in advance.
5. To prepare the mushrooms:
6. Add the hearts of palm and milk along with a pinch each of salt and pepper to the food processor and puree until smooth. Set aside.
7. Preheat the pan to medium high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the mushrooms, garlic and thyme and cook until browned and tender, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat and set aside.
8. To prepare the quinoa:
9. Add in the white wine and let it evaporate.
10. Add in the stock and porcini powder and cook over medium low for about 10-12 minutes, or until the stock is almost fully absorbed.
11. Fold in the pureed artichoke hearts and stir until creamy and thick.
13. Garnish with Italian parsley and additional grated cheese, if desired.