|20 min||0 min||4|
|1 avocado(s)||Avocado (sliced)|
|2 cup||Lettuce, romaine (shredded)|
|1 whole lime(s)||Lime juice (fresh) (for peanut sauce)|
|1 medium||Papaya (peel into noodles)|
|1 cup||Quinoa, cooked (any variety)|
|1 medium pepper(s)||Red bell pepper|
|10 piece||Rice paper|
|2 tbsp||Peanut butter, smooth (for peanut sauce)|
|2 tsp||Soy sauce, tamari (for peanut sauce)|
|1 tsp||Sriracha (for peanut sauce)|
|3 tsp||Water (for peanut sauce, as needed)|
1. Prepare all the veggies and arrange them on a plate for easy assembly. If using papaya, peel whole fruit then using a juilenne peeler, peel “noodles” from the outside of the papaya. Continue to peel until you get to the softer flesh, rotate fruit and repeat until you have two cups (you can skip this part and just use carrots if you prefer).
2. Fill a shallow dish or plate with warm water. Dip a rice wrapper into the water, allowing it to soften for a few seconds. Transfer the rice paper to a flat surface, then add fillings.
3. Place a layer of quinoa onto the center of the circle. Top with lettuce, peppers, papaya (or carrot) and avocado. Assemble like a burrito - fold in the sides, then roll away from you, tucking the filling in as you roll.
4. Repeat until all ingredients have been used.
5. For the sauce, whisk together the peanut butter, tamari, hot sauce and lime. Blend until smooth. Add water 1 teaspoon at a time until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
6. Dip summer rolls into sauce and enjoy!
Optional to use 1 thinly sliced carrot instead of papaya noodles.