|10 min||15 min||25 min||4|
|2 cup||Cherry Tomatoes (halved)|
|1 cucumber(s)||Cucumber (medium diced)|
|227 gm||Feta cheese (medium diced)|
|1 cup||Green onion, scallion, ramp (thinly sliced)|
|2 whole lemon(s)||Lemon juice (about 1/4 cup)|
|1 cup||Mint, fresh (chopped)|
|1/4 cup||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Parsley, fresh (flat leaf)|
|1 cup||Quinoa, cooked|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper (to taste)|
1. Pour two cups of water into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Add quinoa and 1 tablespoon of salt, lower the heat and simmer, covered for 15 minutes until the grains are tender and open.
3. Drain, place in a bowl, and immediately add the lemon juice, olive oil and 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
4. In a large bowl, combine the scallions, mint, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
5. Add the quinoa and mix well. Carefully fold in the feta.
6. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve cold.
is a complete protein, which means that it contains all nine essential amino acids that are required in the human body