|15 min||20 min||8|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 large||White onion (diced)|
|1 eggplant||Eggplant (chopped)|
|2 tsp||Thyme, fresh (chopped)|
|1/2 tsp||Hot pepper (chili) flakes|
|1 tsp||Fennel seed (ground)|
|4 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 small||Zucchini (diced)|
|1 small||Summer squash (diced)|
|1 large pepper(s)||Red bell pepper (diced)|
|2 cup||Roma tomatoes (diced)|
|2 cup||Chickpeas, canned, drained (optional)|
|1 bunch||Basil, fresh (chopped)|
|1 bunch||Parsley, fresh (chopped)|
|1 tsp||Sea salt|
|1 tsp||Black pepper|
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté onions until they are a bit caramelized.
3. Add the eggplant, thyme, chillies, fennel and garlic. Sauté another 5 minutes. (if you choose to add: zucchini, summer squash and bell peppers)
4. Add tomatoes and cook 5 more minutes.
5. If you’re adding chickpeas, add them now to heat with the dish.
6. Stir in fresh herbs at the end, and season with salt and pepper.
provide key vitamins and minerals required for vital health and maintenance of he body