|10 min||13 min||23 min||5|
|2 cup||Red kidney beans, canned, drained|
|1/4 cup||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|1/2 tsp||Coconut oil (for cooking)|
|3 tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|1/8 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
|1/2 cup||Flaxseed meal (ground)|
|3 clove(s)||Garlic (chopped)|
|1 pinch||Salt and pepper|
1. If mixing by hand, mash the beans with a potato masher first, then mix in the rest of the ingredients well, or use a standing mixer for better/easier results.
2. Form 5 burgers with your hands.
3. Preheat a pan and drizzle a few drops of coconut oil into it. Cook each burger over medium heat, 3 minutes a side.
4. If not using all 5 burgers for the same meal, store them in the fridge in an airtight bowl for 2-3 days, or longer in the freezer. But do not cook them.
5. Create your favourite burger with these fantastic vegan patties.
6. Use good quality buns and your choice of condiments. including, fresh tomato, kale or lettuce leaves, or grilled mushrooms.
Serve and enjoy!
are an important source of plant-based protein and are high in fiber!
Serve on - whole wheat buns or use Boston lettuce as a wrap!