|10 min||30 min||4|
|2 tbsp||Vegetable oil (or use coconut oil)|
|1 cup||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Garlic (chopped)|
|1 tbsp minced||Ginger root|
|1 1/2 tsp, minced||Turmeric root|
|1/4 tsp||Hot pepper (chili) flakes|
|1 cup||Red lentils, raw|
|3/4 tsp||Sea salt|
|1/2 cup chopped||Tomato|
|1/4 cup||Cilantro (coriander) (chopped)|
1. Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion and fry for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, or until browned.
3. Add garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin and chili flakes, and sauté for 1 minutes, or until spices are fragrant.
4. Add water, lentils and salt. Bring to a boil.
5. Cover pot and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 to 22 minutes, or until lentils have broken down completely.
6. Serve over rice sprinkled with chopped tomato and cilantro.
are a great source of plant-based protein and provide fiber which is important for healthy digestion!