|2 min||10 min||1|
|1 mushroom(s)||Shiitake mushroom, dried|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (I use Eden French Celtic Sea Salt. Please use a high quality sea salt.)|
This tea is super relaxing since shiitake mushrooms help remove excess salt from the body which helps balance & relax the body.
Traditional Preparation Method
1. Soak the dried mushroom in 1 cup of water for about 20 minutes.
2. When the mushroom is soft (or mostly soft), take it out of the soaking water (save the water), remove the stem & discard.
3. Slice the mushroom cap or chop finely.
4. Place the soaking water & mushroom cap pieces into a sauce pan, bring to a boil.
5. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add a pinch of sea salt towards the end.
On the Go Preparation Method (or the easy-peasy method)
1. You need to have an insulated stainless steel thermos for hot drinks.
2. Boil the hot water.
3. Place the dried mushroom & the pinch of sea salt in the thermos, pour in the hot water and twist on the cover.
4. Let is sit for 1-3 hours & drink the liquid.
Created for you with joy by the Digestive Wellness Expert, Paula Yolles of FoodTastic Health
FB & Instagram @paulayolles