|10 min||15 min||3|
|3 cup||Basil, fresh (for pesto)|
|1/4 tsp||Black pepper (for pesto)|
|1/4 cup||Extra virgin olive oil (for pesto)|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt (ground, for pesto)|
|1/4 cup||Pine nuts, dried (for pesto)|
|2 beet(s)||Beets, raw (peeled, spiralized)|
|1/4 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spiralize the beet using a spiralizer - you can find this at your local Walmart or other home stores
3. On a baking sheet, spread out the beet noodles and coat with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake beet noodles for 5-10 minutes or until beets are cooked to al dente or your preference in doneness.
5. While the noodles cook, combine all of the ingredients for the pesto into a food processor and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust, if needed.
6. Once beets are cooked, toss with pesto and the kale. Serve.
For additional protein
add shrimp or chicken
For vegan protein
add chickpeas or other beans
are a great source of fiber, folate, potassium, iron and vitamin C and have been associated with many health benefits including improved blood flow and increased energy