|15 min||1 h||4|
|5 medium slice||Bacon (organic - keep 3 tbsp. of the bacon fat to saute the shallots)|
|3 medium shallot(s)||Shallots (peeled and chopped)|
|3 cup||Butternut squash (cubed)|
|4 cup||Brussels sprouts (halved)|
|1/2 cup||Chicken broth (stock)|
|1 pinch||Sea Salt (to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
1 Lay the bacon strips on a baking sheet, making sure not to overlap any slices.
2. Place into a cold oven, turn the temperature to 400oF (205oC) and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Remove bacon from the oven, and let cool slightly, then chop into pieces.
4. Turn the oven temperature down to 350oF (180oC) and grease a glass pie dish with melted coconut oil.
4. Pour 3 tbsp of leftover bacon fat into a saucepan and over medium-high heat, saute the shallots until browned.
5. Add the brussels sprouts and butternut squash and saute for 1-2 minutes, season with salt and pepper and then add the chicken broth.
6. Turn the temperature up to high and saute for about 5-10 minutes, until the broth evaporates and vegetables are tender, stirring regularly.
7. Remove from heat, stir in the bacon and transfer the pan to oven. Roast for about 15 more minutes.
Serve and enjoy!