1. Cut cauliflower into florets. Place in a large pot and fill with water or broth or an equal mix of both. Cook the cauliflower until tender.
2. Remove from water and place on a large baking sheet. Let cool slightly before blending.
3. Place cauliflower, roasted garlic cloves, half of a cup of the cooking water or broth in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add more liquid if your sauce is too thick to your likings.
4. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Use the sauce right away or pour it into a jar. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.