|10 min||30 min||6|
|1/3 cup||Coconut, shredded|
|1/2 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1/2 cup||Frozen vegetable mix|
|1 piece, 1-inch||Ginger root (grated)|
|2 cup||Mung beans, raw|
|2 medium||Tomato (pureed)|
|1/4 tsp||Turmeric, ground|
|1 small||Yellow onion (sliced)|
1. Dry roast the mung beans on medium high flame until very lightly coloured.
2. Rinse the beans with water and drain. Add 4 cups of water and the turmeric, let boil on high heat. Continue checking on it and adjust water until it is cooked and is in the desired ( soup like ) consistency. Add the frozen vegetables. If using fresh vegetables then add them earlier.
3. Cut the onions in very thin slices and fry them until brown. Collect them on paper towel and set aside.
4. Dry roast the shredded coconut until light brown. Set aside.
5. Add the roasted coconut, pureed tomato in the boiled mung beans. Add salt.
6. In a small frying pan melt the ghee on high heat. When hot add the cumin seeds, let it sizzle a little then throw in the grated ginger. Sauté for a few minutes until lightly coloured and very fragrant. Sprinkle this on top of the mung beans. Garnish with the browned onions.
Serve and enjoy!
are rich in potassium, magnesium and fiber all great to help reduce blood pressure and many other health benefits