1. Heat a medium sized stock pot over high heat.
2. Next, add olive oil. Allow oil to heat for 1 minute.
3. Then, add garlic, thyme, fennel and desired spices. Sauté until golden brown.
4. Adjust heat of pan to medium, then add roasted peppers to pan.
5. Next, add tomato paste-blending it into all other ingredients in pan.
6. Finally, add chicken stock, and simmer for 10-13 minutes.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Lastly, remove soup from pot and place in blender and purée for 25-45 seconds.
9. Remove soup purée from blender and serve warm.
10. Serve with optional garnishment.