|15 min||1 h 10 min||4|
|2 large pepper(s)||Red bell pepper|
|1 large||Carrots (peeled and chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 medium||White onion (diced)|
|2 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|1 can(s) (28oz)||Diced tomatoes, canned|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste, canned|
|2 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|2 leaf||Basil, fresh|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (to taste)|
|1 dash||Black pepper (to taste)|
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Lay peppers on their side, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from oven, turn them halfway (so the charred side is now face down) and bake another 20 minutes until the skin is wrinkled and charred.
4. Remove from the oven and use tongs to place peppers onto a cutting board until cool enough to touch. Peel off the skin with your hands, then chop.
5. Heat a large pot over medium heat then add the oil, onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Add the red peppers, tomatoes, carrot, tomato paste, vegetable broth and basil. Add sea salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and use an immersion blender to puree soup until smooth.