|25 min||30 min||6|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|1 can (12oz)||Roasted red peppers, canned (chopped, liquid reserved)|
|1 can (4oz)||Green chiles, canned|
|1 tsp||Coriander, ground|
|4 cup||Sweet potato (cubed)|
|4 cup||Vegetable stock/broth|
|2 tbsp||Cilantro (coriander) (minced)|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|114 gm||Cream cheese, fat free (cubed (optional))|
1. In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and cook until soft.
3. Add in the red peppers, green chiles, cumin, salt and coriander. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in the reserved juice from the roasted red peppers, sweet potatoes and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Cook until the potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
5. Stir in the cilantro and lemon juice. Let the soup cool slightly.
6. Place half of the soup into a blender along with the cream cheese. Process until smooth, then add back into the soup pot and heat through. Season with additional salt, if needed.
For dairy free
skip the cream cheese step and simply heat up the soup and serve!
is high in vitamin C, magnesium and beta carotene, it is helpful with inflammation and abundant in antioxidants