|20 min||5 h 20 min||5|
|3 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|4 cup||Sweet potato (chopped into 1-inch cubes)|
|1/2 medium||Yellow onion (chopped)|
|2 cup slices||Zucchini|
|4 clove(s)||Garlic (minced)|
|2 tbsp||Rosemary, fresh|
|1/2 tsp||Sea salt|
|1 1/3 kg||Beef roast, lean (for shredded beef)|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil (for shredded beef)|
|1 pinch||Sea salt (for shredded beef)|
|1 cup||Bone broth, Organic (for shredded beef)|
|1 tbsp||Apple cider vinegar (for shredded beef)|
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in the bottom of a cast-iron pan or skillet on medium heat.
2. When ready, add the sweet potatoes, and cook, stirring for 8-10 minutes or until they are just soft, but not all the way cooked. Add the onion and cook for another 5 minutes, then add the zucchini, garlic, rosemary, and sea salt, stirring. Cook for 10 more minutes.
3. To make the shredded roast beef: Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Generously apply sea salt to the roast. Heat the cooking fat in the bottom of an oven safe pot on medium high heat. When it is hot, brown the roast on all sides.
4. Add the bone broth and cider vinegar to the pot along with the fresh herbs if you choose to use them. Ensuring that the lid is on tightly as not to let any steam escape, cook for 3-4 hours, checking periodically to be sure there is enough liquid in the bottom.
5. Remove the meat from the pot and let cool for a couple of minutes. Meanwhile, strain the juice from the pot and bring to a simmer on the stove to reduce the liquid, about 15 minutes.
6. Once the meat has cooled a little bit, shred it into bits with two forks. When pan juice has reduced add back to the shredded beef and combine.
7. Add shredded beef to vegetables and cook for another few minutes, until beef is heated throughout and all the vegetables are soft.
is a great source of protein and B12!