|5 min||45 min||35|
|1/2 cup||Rolled oats- Gluten Free|
|1/4 cup||Buckwheat groats, dry (or additional oats)|
|1/2 cup||Chia seeds|
|1/4 cup hulled||Sunflower seeds|
|1/4 cup||Pumpkin seeds (pepitas)|
|4 tsp||Rosemary, fresh (finely chopped - if using dried, 1 1/2 tsp.)|
|1/2 tsp, ground||Thyme, dried|
|1 tsp||Coconut sugar (optional)|
|1/2 tsp||Sea Salt|
|1 dash||Onion powder|
|1 dash||Garlic powder|
|1 cup||Water, filtered|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheet (approximately 17“ X 11”) with parchment paper.
2. Add oats and buckwheat to high speed blender and blend on highest speed into a fine flour.
3. Place oat and buckwheat flour in large bowl and add chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, rosemary, coconut sugar (if using), thyme, sea salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir until well combined.
4. Stir in 1 cup of filtered water. (the mixture will be runny, but firms up quickly thanks to the fibrous chia seeds). Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and spread out as evenly as possible using a spatula. Aim for a thickness of approximately 1/4 inch. Use wet hands to even it out if necessary.
5. Sprinkle with a pinch or two of coarse sea salt.
6. Bake for about 40-45 minutes until firm and slightly golden brown.
7. Remove pan from over and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
8. Cut into desired shape and serve with your favourite dips!
9. I like to pop mine back in the oven for an extra 5 mins at 425°F to get them really crunchy!
are a good source of protein and Omega 3 fatty acids!